Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Little Havana Food Tour
Little Havana Food Tasting Tour
Price: $59 per person (includes tax, all food)
When: Saturdays *Daily private tours available upon request
Time: 12:30 pm - 2:30 pm
Meet: Exact address disclosed after tickets have been purchased.
Who: All age groups and fitness levels.
Weather & Dress: Tour takes place rain or shine.
Neighborhood We visit: Little Havana (Calle Ocho).
Get to know Miami beyond South Beach & venture to off-the-beaten-path places for curious eaters. This Food Tour is all about experiencing Traditional (Rustic) Cuban Cuisine.
- Visit family-owned restaurants, and get the story behind the foods.
- Our specialty is smaller, non-touristy, more remotely located hole-in-the-wall-type places.
- Stories and background of the foods we sample and meet the people who make them.
- We avoid crowds so you can experience the intimate charm of each unique place we visit.
Meet in Little Havana, a lively, family-friendly neighborhood, and begin a guided edible journey through one of Miami’s oldest neighborhoods. Learn about traditional, rustic Cuban cuisine by tasting and walking your way through the must-visit street in the area — Calle Ocho. This tour is designed for both locals and visitors who want to learn about the area’s history and culture while tasting Cuban foods that have been prepared by the same families from recipes handed down through generations. Meet local artists, watch cigar rollers, take a peek at Domino Park – all while getting the insights of a vibrant Miami neighborhood.
"And while Little Havana has always been a mouthwatering Mecca of Cuban food, visiting this neighborhood on a Miami Culinary Tour is like having your own private Rosetta Stone, without all the annoying repetition."
- Lesley Abravanel Editor/Jet Miami/Fort Lauderdale
This guided, narrated food tour is both a cultural and a culinary experience. All food tastings, enough for lunch, are included in the ticket price.
We'll be tasting:
- Taste "The" Cuban classic at a restaurant that is a true Cuban institution.
- Learn and taste about Mariquitas or Malanga Frita
- Enjoy a fluffy and crispy (all at the same time) empanada.
- Step back in old Cuba and taste guarapo juice (or what's fresh and in season) at a family run fruteria.
- The best guava pastelito in town (seriously)
- You'll try a cafe Cubano crafted by the most talented barista in town; Betty!
- Homemade mamey and flan icecream.
*Tastings and stops are subject to change without notice. If you enjoyed the tour gratuities to your guide are highly appreciated. Please note: this tour is conducted with a minimum of 4 people.
For more information, visit: Miami Culinary Tours